|DUNVEGAN HOLIDAY COTTAGES | sitemap | log in|
TERMS & CONDITIONS
TAIGH AN TOBAIR
1. Period of Let. From Saturday to Saturday (except at Christmas and New Year) commencing at 4 p.m. on day of arrival and terminating at 10 a.m on day of departure. Short lets occasionally available for 3 or 4 nights. The property is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named on the booking form.
2. Booking and Payment. We regret that online booking is not currently available for Taigh an Tobair. To book, please phone or email us. Alternatiely, a firm booking may be accepted following completion of a booking form and confirmation of availability. Unless otherwise agreed, a deposit of £100 is payable when a booking is made. If paying by Paypal, please email us and we will send an invoice for Paypal to take the deposit only at this stage rather than the full amount. The balance of the payment shall be payable 4 weeks before the commencement of the letting period. If the balance is not received by this date, then the Owners will be entitled to re-let for the period and the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. For bookings made less than 6 weeks in advance, full payment is required at the time of booking. Once the booking is confirmed by the Owners, the Client is responsible for the full hire charge. Acceptable methods of payments are cheques drawn on a UK bank account, cash GBP travellers cheques, international bank transfer and, for online bookings via Paypal only, debit or cheque cards.
3. Cancellations. Should a cancellation be made by the Client, the Owners will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If successful in doing so, a full refund will be made. If not, the deposit will be forfeited by the Client. If the cancellation occurs less than 4 weeks prior to hire and the Owners are unable to re-let for the period, then the entire hire fee will be forfeited by the client. Clients are strongly advised to take out a Holiday Cancellation Insurance Policy.
4. Availability. If the property cannot be made available for the period booked due to events beyond the Owners' control and the Owners are forced to cancel the booking, the whole of the hire charge will be refunded and the Client will have no further claim against the Owners.
5. Services. Electricity and oil for heat, light and cooking, all bedlinen and towels are included.
6. Number of Persons Using the Property. The number of persons occupying the property should not, at any time, exceed the maximum stated, i.e. 5. Subletting is strictly prohibited.
7. Complaints and Problems. Should there be any problem or cause for complaint during a period of letting, please contact ourselves as soon as possible and we will attempt to rectify the problem.
8. Breakages or Damage. For the benefit of the next Clients staying in the property, please advise us of any breakage or damage that occurs during your stay. Accidents do happen and we do not charge for minor breakages or damage which occur as a result of normal use but reserve the right to charge reasonable payment for breakages or damage which occur as a result of reckless or deliberate misuse. Any missing items must be paid for in full.
9. Care of the Property. It is the Client's responsibility to take reasonable and proper care of the property, its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects in and around the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning. In exceptional circumstances, additional cleaning charges will be imposed depending on the state of the property at the end of the letting period. It is also the responsibility of the Client to ensure that the property is left secure at times when it is unoccupied during the period of let.
10. Young Children. We regret that the property is not suitable for young children.
11. Pets. We regret that we are unable to accommodate pets within the property.
12. Smoking. No smoking is allowed inside the property.
13. Liability. The Owners shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property unless this results from our own negligence.
14. Injury, Loss or Damage. The use of the property and its equipment is entirely at the Client's risk and no responsibility can be accepted by the Owners for injury to the Client or a member of his or her party, nor for injury, loss or damage to their belongings, including motor vehicles.
15. Right of Entry. We reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out essential repairs or maintenance.
16. Contract of Hire. This Contract of Hire is between the Client and Mr and Mrs Donald MacKenzie, the owners of the property.
Please note that by signing the booking form and / or making an email or telephone booking with deposit / payment made, you are deemed to have accepted these booking conditions and you must ensure that ALL members of your party understand and comply with these terms. A legally binding Contract has been entered into.
The Owner reserves the right to demand the immediate departure of any Clients not complying with the booking conditions, or for any conduct deemed detrimental to the property.
All information on this website is believed to be correct but we cannot accept responsibility for any unforseen changes, errors or misunderstandings and we reserve the right to alter or amend the facilities on offer.